Monday, October 26, 2009

Free Blog 2


I thought Walkabout was a very good book. It was very interesting learning about the land and animals of Australia and the Aborigines. It had a great story in which two normal kids had to survive in the Australian outback. The kids learned a lot from the bush boy and would have probably died without him. I never would have expected when I first started reading the book that the bush boy would die and Mary and Peter would survive. I didn’t think that Mary and Peter had much hope when the book started but the bush boy showed them the ways of the Aborigines and with this knowledge, Mary and Peter were able to survive.

Jennifer Granholm recently cut $5 million off of the LPS’s budget. The LPS already had a $2.7 million cut so altogether $7.7 million is being lost. I don’t know how Jennifer Granholm can make a cut like this. I wonder how the schools are going to be able to survive these cuts if they can. Granholm is making a terrible decision to cut money from education. Education is extremely important to society because without out it, people would not no much at all and our future would be bleak. The quality of schools will decrease because we simply don’t have enough money for what we need. Programs will have to be cut and jobs may be lost.

One of the main problems of these cuts is it is affecting this current school year right now. I can’t believe that Granholm would make these cuts in the middle of the school year. If these cuts had to be made couldn’t they have done them over the summer so the LPS would be able to make a budget? Now all of these schools are going to have to figure out a way to deal with these cuts and continue the school year at the same time. As a student I am worried that I won’t get the same educational opportunities as I have previously and that the quality of the school will go down. Governor Granholm is being extremely unfair to the schools and I would suggest writing letters to your representative or the governor asking for a change. With a lot of pressure put on Lansing to act, I think we can make a difference. Hopefully the governor will realize what she has done and end these cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment